Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tagged by Hui Xin

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next seven sentences in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't dig for your favourite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
6. Tag five other people to do the same.

The nearest book is: Tuesdays With Morrie

His fingers worked well enough to write with a pencil, or hold up his glasses, but he could not lift his arms much higher than his chest.

He was spending less and less time in the kitchen or living room and more in his study, where he had a large reclining chair set up with pillows, blankets, and specially cut pieces of foam rubber that held his feet and gave support to his withered legs. He kept a bell near his side, and when his head needed adjusting or he had to "go on the commode," as he referred to it, he would shake the bell and Connie, Tony, Bertha or Amy --his small army of home care workers--would come in. It wasn't always easy for him to lift the bell, and he got frustrated when he couldn't make it work.
I asked Morrie if he felt sorry for himself.
"Sometimes, in the mornings," he said. "That's when I mourn. I feel around my body, I move my fingers and my hands--whatever I can still move--and I mourn what I've lost.

I tag, no one :D

No comments: